Taunton Massachusetts Culture
The City of Taunton will celebrate the annual Freedom and Trade Union Weekend on Saturday 21 October 2017 from 4pm to 7pm at City Hall. The annual celebration, organized by the Downtown Taunaton Foundation, marks the 200th anniversary of the founding of the Liberty Union, the first community in the colonies to fly the flag against British rule. When Tuneton, on October 21, 1774, became the first community in the American colony to fly the "Liberty and the Union" flag as a sign of rebellion against British rule, it marked the beginning of a new era in the history of the United States.
Most of the settlers in the city were from Taunton, Somerset, England, which led the early settlers to name the settlement after this city. Most of the settlers came from Tuneton, France, but also from the nearby town of Tuneton and other towns in the area, which led them to name the city after a town in England.
Taunton is known as the silver city because it was the historic centre of the silver industry in the 19th century, when companies such as the Pole Silver Company, the silver mill and the silver mines produced high-quality silverware in the city. In the 20th and 21st centuries, it became known for its silver mining operations, which included many silversmiths, including the first silver mine in Massachusetts and the world's largest silver smelter in Boston, Massachusetts. Taunon is also known and in some parts of Massachusetts called "Silver City," because of its history as a mining center, and because it is the historic center for the gold mining industry, especially the 18th century silver mining company Poole, Silver Mines, which produced the best silver grades in these cities.
In the 19th century, Taunton was home to the world's largest gold mining company, Poole Silver Mines, and was home to one of the first gold mines in the United States. In the 21st century, it was the site of a number of other mining and silver mining companies, such as the Pole Silver Company.
Taunton city centre has a number of historic buildings, many of which were built between 1840 and 1920. Other important buildings in the city include a beautiful stone church, including St. Paul's Episcopal Church and the Church of the Immaculate Conception, which includes a collection of gems and churches from the 19th and early 20th centuries, as well as some other historical sites and buildings of interest. Some of them are the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, the Holy Cross Church and a variety of other important buildings in and around the cities. They include an imposing stone building, such as the Catholic Church of St. Peter on the corner of Main and Main Streets with its impressive facade.
Taunton city centre has a number of historic buildings, many of which were built between 1840 and 1920. In the Taunatal downtown there are a number of historic buildings in and around the city center, most of which were built between 1840 and 1920, such as the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, the Holy Cross Church and the Church of the Immaculate Conception, as well as some other historical sites of interest.
There is Joseph Willis House on Worcester Street, which dates back to 1688 and houses the Taunton Historical Society and the Worcester County Museum of Art. It was built in the late 19th century, around 1941, as the residence of the city's first mayor, William C. Willis. In front of it is a small museum with a large collection of photographs and other artifacts from that time.
One of the tapes includes "Fair Charlotte" and includes the four Marys of Springfield Mountain, sung by Mrs. Charles Lansing of Melrose, Massachusetts. One of these tapes contains "The Fair Charlotte" sung by Joseph Willis, the first mayor of Taunton, at his Worcester Street home, and one with "Springfield Mountain" sung by Mary Scott at her home in Westboro, Mass., in the late 19th century.
These three boxes contain documents about the Portuguese school in Taunton, Massachusetts, as well as photos and other documents about the school.
Anne Frank Warner, photographed by Anne Frank and Warner and recorded primarily by Art Rosenbaum in her home in Taunton, Massachusetts, in the early 1940s. AnneFrank Warner, pictured with her husband Frank and mother Anne in their house at the Portuguese school, mainly from her family's first visit to the school
The society, founded in 1853, maintains a museum of regional objects, houses a research library with a focus on local history and genealogy and houses the Museum of Local History and Genealogy of the Historical Society of Taunton. Founded in 1797, the museum has had its own gallery since 1973 and a collection of local art since the early 1960s. Founded in 1840, the Regional Objects Museum has housed the research library, which specializes in local history and genealogy, at its current location in the Town Hall building in downtown Tunton, Massachusetts. Built in 1697 but founded in 1863 with the help of a grant from the State of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts Historical Association, Taunaton's Art Association maintained a gallery and museum in the Town Hall on Main Street in 1973, both of which are still in use today.